Saturday, March 26, 2011

Rosalie! Rosalie! Rosalie!

Friends,

Geez Louise, Rosalie has sprung into the lead! John, Sarah, aside from being proud parents, what advice can you give the rest of us about raising hoop-picking offspring? No? Nothing? Oh well.

So, only 5 games left, but plenty of pool action yet to go. I'm particularly interested in the intra-family struggles. Maggi is pummeling me, as is Acy, but I'm starting to pull away from Alexander. (I know he's only 5, but I'll take whatever I can get.) Dana is beating Steve, Kate and Scott are tied. Sarah B is whupping Tim. Big Cal leads all Dewitts. Sophie, who already has one championship under her belt, is pounding on the rest of the Rambeau-Petersons. Finally, and really, sweetest of all, I'm slightly ahead of my similarly pick-challenged brother. I'm confident in my ability to screw that one up, too, but for the moment it satisfies.

I've included the standings through today's (that's Saturday's) games. The math today was easy, as Rosalie got the 4 point UConn win right, and nobody else got either game right. That might be a first in the history of the pool. Congrats Rosie, but what the hell's wrong with the rest of us. Picking UConn seems obvious now, like the murderer at the end of a mystery novel, but it didn't occur to me earlier. Nor did it seem to occur to any of you, either, except Good Old Rosalie, that is. And Butler? Forget it. [insert Butler/mystery novel/murderer joke here. I'm too tired to do it.]

Here, then, are the standings through today's games. Tomorrow's picks in a moment.

Chriskin

1 comment:

SP said...

"Hey Rosalie, you're in first in the pool!"

"Cool. Can I win it?"