Friday, March 16, 2012

Day One, or why won't Rosalie let the rest of us play?

Friends,

OK, work week drawing to a close, time to talk hoop. First, some pool business. You may notice that we have a new pool entrant, President Obama. For those of you who don't know him, he's an Indonesian Muslim communist (or so I've heard on AM radio) who likes basketball. He seemed lonely, so I got his picks off the web and entered him. I'm assuming the Secret Service will be at my door shortly. Also, I'm going to quit filling your email inboxes shortly, so point your browser (and I'm old enough to remember when a gentleman wouldn't say "point your browser" in polite company) to the blog, newly and beautifully redesigned for 2012 by our own Mike Winkler, a/k/a The Wrinkler. Thank you Wrinkler. Find the blog here: hoopkids.blogspot.com.

There, then, down to business. Day One was a bit of a snoozefest, upset-wise, although there were some darn good games. Of the sixteen games yesterday, there were only two upsets: 12. VCU over Wichita St., and 11. Colorado over UNLV. If you recall, 11 and 12 seed wins get the picker 2 points each instead of 1. That means there were a total of 18 points available. Day One's genius is, once again, Rosalie, who got 17 of the 18 points. Miraculous. I'm taking her to the track at Saratoga soon, and I'm going to let her place bets for me. The rest of did, well, not nearly so good a job.

The standings after Day One are as follows:





I'm wrapping up at the office, and I'm off home to start drinking (I mean, watching). See you all on the interwebs tonight. Have a safe Day Two out there.

1 comment:

Liz said...

Yes!!! I have the most points!!!!