Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Victory, sweet victory

Wow, I was sure I was going to pull a Bill Buckner and choke in the final rounds. And thanks to the meister's Hitchcockian suspenseful silence I didn't know where everyone stood.

All of the past winners have been sending SWAG (stuff winners all get) that I didn't know existed -- I'll have to keep it all a secret, of course, because it's only revealed once one comes out on top. I can though, I think, thank Dana for sharing the grapes.

OK, I have work to do. Specifically, weeding 4 rows of lavender with Amy Winehouse blaring from the barn, while the monastery next door does their Gregorian chants.

Take care,
Dykes

9 comments:

Steve said...

Congrats Goat Boy. I'm glad Chris pulled through; the Rules Committee never did come up with a succession plan.
I'm pretty sure it would fall to Dayle, since he knows math and all.

Bill said...

Congratulation Chris. I'll find the SWAG box and send it your way. I'm not paying for airmail though so it may take awhile...

You'll have to cover the customs too I'm afraid.

Thanks to the Meister for another enjoyable year at the pool.

Dayle said...

Yep, I learned all my math from Danny Kaye in Hans Christian Andersen -- 2+2 is 4, 4+4 is 8, .... My congrats to Mr. Dykes -- I knew I would climb the charts at the end but I had no illusions that I would pull off an upset after my dismal first few rounds. I could use everyone's best wishes -- I just interviewed for a new job yesterday, and now I'm in the icky waiting-for-the-phone-to-ring period.

Dayle said...

Oh, btw, just to make the lavender man feel more comfortable -- Gloria patrii et filii, et spiritui sancti. Sicut erat in principio et nunc et semper, et in saecula saeculorum, Amen.

Steve said...

My Latin is a little rusty, but I think he just called you Gloria, Dykes.

Dana said...

That's Goat, Steve

Dayle said...

Certe, Toto, sentio nos in kansate non iam adesse!

Steve said...

chay' nguv yuQrajDaq chal?

Dayle said...

SuD jay'!