Friday, March 28, 2014

The Rise of the Power Couple

Damen und Herren,

[Say, how do you like my Hogan's Heroes German? I'm awfully proud of it.]

Look, people, I'm not going to kid around with you here. There's one and only one headline in the pool this morning. Check out the top of the leader board, and there you will find Matt and Liz. Matt and Liz! Like Hill and Bill, like Franklin and Eleanor, like Antony and Cleo, like Captain and Tennille, our power couple stands stride the world. Often, and I'm not putting forward any theories here, married couples exhibit a striking parallelism in their picks. Not in this case, however. Matt and Liz followed two different paths to the top. Shocking, isn't it?

Other auspicious pairings? Well, Bill and Diana sit at 10 and 3. Ken and Kristin at 3 and 15. Kate and Scott are tied for 7th. Sarah B. and Tim are 18 and 6. The rest of the pairings, including mine, have at least one partner wwaaaayyyy down the list (that's me, you see). But 1-2 for a married couple? This might be unprecedented this late in the proceedings. Congrats to you both.

In other news, we'll get those of you who don't have blog access an invitation soon. Thanks for that, Mike. Let's have a little chatter out there, and good luck with your Friday picks.

C


3 comments:

Michael said...

Hey, isn't it "THE" Captin and Tennille? I mean, let's not gett too casual here.

And if anyone needs blog assistance, including auto-borscht-belt-pun-completion, let me know... Just another valuable IT service for you all.
-- Mike

Knott said...

Thanks, Mike. You're right, by the way, it is The Captain and Tennille. When I wrote that I didn't realize they were getting divorced. I'm just not keeping up on my People Magazine reading.

The help I need, and you may say this isn't technically blog help, is that my picks suck. Can you help with that?

Michael said...

Dude, at least you have a number next to your name...that's how bad MY picks suck.

I blame Putin...