Saturday, March 17, 2007

Skyline or Camp Washington

Mike says that Camp Washington (www.campwashingtonchili.com ) is way, way better than Skyline.

Chris, Steve, Dana - what do you have to say about this?

Legal Seafoods wants $15 for a pint/with or without sand

Skyline sells 24 15 oz. cans, shipped to your door for $99.95. Just add cheese, onions, hot sauce, spaghetti, oyster crackers. You can also order a t-shirt

OMG, I think I'm hungry. The pizza joint gave away free black forest cake today in honor of St. Patrick's Day. It's a Greek pizza house - very good. But Kellyanne's, on Spruce Street, was kicking their butt because of the Erin Express. The Erin Express drives students around the city to all the Irish bars for beer or whatever. We've never been - but I know it lasts at least 8 hours. No wonder everyone was wearing plastic boots.

We got 2ish inches of snow/slush. The drycleaners around the corner used a hose to wash away the snow. It didn't seem like a good idea in the morning, but by afternoon it didn't matter.

Spr/sum is just several days away.

6 comments:

Knott said...

I'm not a Cincy native, so perhaps my opinion doesn't count. I've had them both, and I'd vote for Skyline, although they're both so absurdly good it almost doesn't matter. My one trip to Camp Washington had me gulping for air after (the way all good chili should) but it seemed just ever so slightly greasier than Skyline. My two cents.

Dana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dana said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dana said...

I'm the deleted comment. This blogger site seems to be furiously wonky now that Google has taken over. Is it just me? Probably. Anyway, CW has my vote. I love the Skyline, but CW leaves you with a sheen that would make Lancome proud.

Steve said...

Well, there are about a gazillion chili holes in Cincinnati that are probably just as good as both. Empress, Pleasant Ridge Chili, Price Hill Chili, Delhi Chili, most of which are little joints run by cranky old greeks with little knowledge of sanitation or disease prevention.
Skyline, Camp Washington and to a lesser extent, Gold Star the three that out of towners all know about. Camp Washington has more fat, Skyline has more spice and Gold Star, well it's an inferior product all around so there's no point in comparing.

My preference? Skyline, for no other reason than it's like an old slipper, so familiar to me now that I can't imagine eating anything else.

Dana'll eat anything.